45 Main Street
Telephone: (613) 543-2823
Toll Free: 1-888-543-2823
Fax: (613) 543-4580
Mon-Fri - 9am to 6pm
Saturday-9am to 5pm
Sunday - closed
1864-Medical Hall, Main St (drugs, medicines, chemicals, paints, oils, alcohol, patent medicines, lamp shades, chimneys, school books and stationary)
1873-Central Drug Hall, Main Street (Dr. T.F. Chamberlain, chemist & druggist)
1873-Medical Hall (drugs, chemicals & colours, toilet goods)
1876-telephone history began when Levi F. Selleck, druggist, stationer and telegraph operator, became the first local agent in the pharmacy with 15 subscribers.
1885-Frederick Beek Carman, pharmacist, Merkley's Block, Main Street. Entered the drugstore of Dr T.F.Chamberlain, succeeded to the business in partner with Reuben Brown, whom he later bought out.In 1889 he sold out and went to Florida for a year, then returned and repurchased his old business. His great grandson is Steve Casselman of BIBA.
1895-Druggists F.B.Carman, L.F.Selleck, George I.Brown, C.E., Dr. W.W. Williams, V.S.
1906-David Tasker Henderson, drug store, telephone manager
1913-D.T.Henderson Rexall Store
1921-D.T.Henderson became Canadian National Express agent until his death in 1948.
1924-D.T.Henderson Rexall Store
1932-Burns advertised drug store in Morrisburg and Cornwall
1940-W.H.McNeely purchased W.C. Burns Drug Store, Meikle Block
1942-McNeely's Drug Store - Formerly Burns Drug Store, Main Street.
1949-Malcom Douglas (Mac) Wilson purchased the pharmacy of the late D.T.Henderson, which he operated on old Main Street until moving to the new shopping centre.
1949-Bell Telephone office moved from Wilson's Drug Store to the former public library with nearly 800 subscribers.
1953-Wilson's Drug Store
1954-McNeely's Drug Store, Main Street. Wm. Henry McNeely Pharmacist in Morrisburg for 20 years, then moved to Williamsburg where he operated McNeely's Drug Store.
1961-Wilson's Rexall Drug Store, Shopping Centre.
1975-Mac Wilson retired as a pharmacist.
1975-Seaway Valley Pharmacy purchased the pharmacy from Mac Wilson (Mrs.Wilson continued as a long timecustomer of the Seaway Valley Pharmacy.
1979-Gord Lane purchased 50 percent of Seaway Valley Pharmacy where he worked as a pharmacist for 27 years.
2001-Scott Lane purchased 50 percent interest in Seaway Valley Pharmacy from Gord Lane's former partner.
2007-Scott Lane and Gord Lane (father and son) continue to own and operate Seaway Valley Pharmacy.
**compiled by Lynne Cooke representing the best efforts to establish a chronological history of drug stores in Morrisburg through local residents.
History of Drug Stores in Morrisburg